from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Variant of papaw.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An American deciduous tree, Asimina triloba, having edible fruit.
- n. The fruit of this tree.
- n. Grandfather.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Same as papaya.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See papaw.
- Improper; naughty; indecent; obscene: a nursery word.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. tropical American shrub or small tree having huge deeply palmately cleft leaves and large oblong yellow fruit
- n. small tree native to the eastern United States having oblong leaves and fleshy fruit
- n. fruit with yellow flesh; related to custard apples
Sorry, no etymologies found.