from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The branch of medicine that deals with the care of infants and children and the treatment of their diseases.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The branch of medicine that deals with the treatment of children.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. That branch of medical science which treats of the hygiene and diseases of infants and children.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Medical or hygienic treatment of children. Also pediatria, pediatry.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the branch of medicine concerned with the treatment of infants and children
From Ancient Greek παιδός (paidos), genitive of παις (pais, "child") + -iatrics. (Wiktionary)