from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The study of the anatomy, physiology, and mechanics of body movement, especially in humans.
- n. The application of the principles of kinesiology to the evaluation and treatment of muscular imbalance or derangement.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the study of body movement
- n. the application of such principles to the diagnosis and treatment of muscular imbalance
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The science of exercise, especially as a hygienic or therapeutic agent.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the branch of physiology that studies the mechanics and anatomy in relation to human movement
Greek kīnēsis, movement; see kinesis + -logy.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From kinesi- + -logy, with interfix -o-. (Wiktionary)