from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The science that deals with the determination of dates and the sequence of events.
- n. The arrangement of events in time.
- n. A chronological list or table.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the science of determining the order in which events occurred.
- n. an arrangement of events into chronological order; called a timeline when involving graphical elements.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The science which treats of measuring time by regular divisions or periods, and which assigns to events or transactions their proper dates.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The science of time.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an arrangement of events in time
- n. a record of events in the order of their occurrence
- n. the determination of the actual temporal sequence of past events
From chrono- (“relating to time”) + -logy (“study of, account of”), after New Latin chronologia. (Wiktionary)