from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- v. A past tense and a past participle of pen2.
- adj. Penned or shut up; closely confined.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Confined in a pen, imprisoned.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of pen; archaic form of penned.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- Penned or shut up; confined; -- often with up.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Penned or shut up; closely confined.
- n. A penthouse; an overhanging shelter.
- n. An abbreviation of Pentecost.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. closely confined
Sorry, no etymologies found.