from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Dissatisfied with existing conditions.
- n. A chronically dissatisfied person.
- n. One who rebels against the established system: "immature malcontents who have long since sold out to conformity” ( John M. Wilson).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. dissatisfied with current conditions; discontented
- n. a person who is not satisfied with current conditions; a discontented person
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. discontented; uneasy; dissatisfied; especially, dissatisfied with the government.
- n. One who discontented; especially, a discontented subject of a government; one who expresses his discontent by words or overt acts.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Dissatisfied; discontented; especially, dissatisfied or discontented with the existing order of things, as with the constitution of society, or the administration of government.
- n. A discontented person; specifically, a discontented subject of government; one who murmurs at the laws and administration, or who manifests his dissatisfaction by overt acts, as in sedition or insurrection.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. discontented as toward authority
- n. a person who is discontented or disgusted
mal- + content (Wiktionary)