from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See asteroid.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An asteroid of any size
- n. An asteroid-like body in an orbit beyond the asteroid belt, such as a centaur or Kuiper belt object
- n. A larger, planetary, body in orbit around the Sun, such as Vesta or (candidate) dwarf planets such Eris or Sedna
- n. A dwarf planet
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A body resembling a planet; an asteroid.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One of the group of very small planets revolving round the sun between the orbits of Mars and Jupiter, remarkable for the eccentricity of their orbits and the greatness of their angle of inclination to the ecliptic; a minor planet; an asteroid.
- n. See minor planet.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of numerous small celestial bodies that move around the sun
Sorry, no etymologies found.