from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of several small nocturnal African primates of the genera Perodicticus and Arctocebus, having a pointed snout, large eyes and ears, and a stumplike index finger and tail.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A small primate, of the subfamily Perodictictinae, from the tropical rainforests of Africa.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A nocturnal mammal (Perodictius potto) of the Lemur family, found in West Africa. It has rudimentary forefingers. Called also aposoro, and bush dog.
- n. The kinkajou.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A small West African lemuroid quadruped, Perodicticus potto. See Perodicticus.
- n. The kinkajou, Cercoleptes caudivolvulus. See cut under kinkajou.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. arboreal fruit-eating mammal of tropical America with a long prehensile tail
- n. a kind of lemur
Of Niger-Congo origin; perhaps akin to Wolof pata, a tailless monkey, or Akan (Twi) apɔsɔ, a fierce monkeylike animal.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)