from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. All the equipment, including structural members, that constitutes a unit power source: the power plant of a truck.
- n. A complex of structures, machinery, and associated equipment for generating electric energy from another source of energy, such as nuclear reactions or a hydroelectric dam. Also called powerhouse, power station.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A station built for the production of electric power; a power station.
- n. The portion of a vehicle devoted to providing energy for motion; the engine or motor.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an electrical generating station
Sorry, no etymologies found.