from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The origin and development of psychological processes, personality, or behavior.
- n. Development of a medical disorder or illness resulting from psychological rather than physiological factors.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The origin and development of psychological processes such as personality and behaviour
- n. The development of a physical disorder from a psychological factor
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Genesis through an internal force, as opposed to
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The origination and development of the soul, or psychic organism.
- n. Generation or reproduction by means of or due to the activity of the inmost life or vitality of an organism; biogenesis referred to the operation of higher than vital forces.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the development in the life of an individual of some disorder that is caused by psychological rather than physiological factors
- n. a general term for the origin and development of almost any aspect of the mind
psycho- + -genesis (Wiktionary)