from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A thick fermented alcoholic beverage made in Mexico from various species of agave.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A milk-colored, somewhat viscous Mexican alcoholic drink made from the fermented sap of certain agave plants.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An intoxicating Mexican drink. See agave.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A fermented drink made in Mexico and some countries of Central America from the juice of the a gave or maguey, Agave Americana.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. fermented Mexican drink from juice of various agave plants especially the maguey
American Spanish, from Nahuatl poliuhqui, decomposed, lost.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Spanish pulque, possibly from Nahuatl (see the Spanish section, below). (Wiktionary)