from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Mathematics A polygon having four sides.
- adj. Having four sides.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a polygon having four sides.
- adj. having four sides.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having four sides, and consequently four angles; quadrangular.
- n. A plane figure having four sides, and consequently four angles; a quadrangular figure; any figure formed by four lines.
- n. An area defended by four fortresses supporting each other.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having four sides; composed of four lines.
- n. A figure formed of four Straight lines.
- n. Milit., the space inclosed between, and defended by, four fortresses: as, the Bulgarian quadrilateral. The most famous quadrilateral was that in northern Italy, inclosed by the fortresses of Peschiera, Mantua, Verona, and Legnago.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having four sides
- n. a four-sided polygon
Sorry, no etymologies found.