from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In a quiet manner.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In a quiet state or manner; without motion; in a state of rest.
- adv. Without tumult, alarm, dispute, or disturbance; peaceably
- adv. Calmly, without agitation or violent emotion; patiently.
- adv. Noiselessly; silently; without remark or violent movement; in a manner to attract little or no observation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In a quiet state or manner.
- Without tumult, alarm, dispute, or disturbance; peaceably: as, to live quietly.
- Calmly; tranquilly; without agitation or violent emotion; patiently.
- In a manner to attract little or no observation; without noise: as, he quietly left the room.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. with little or no sound
- adv. with little or no activity or no agitation (`quiet' is a nonstandard variant for `quietly')
- adv. in a restful manner
- adv. with low volume
quiet + -ly (Wiktionary)