from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the art of creating decorative designs from thin strips of curled paper
- n. a band of fluted muslin resembling a row of quills
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A band of linen, muslin, or the like, fluted, folded, or plaited so as somewhat to resemble a row of quills.
- n. One of the rounded plaits or flutings of such a band.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A narrow bordering of net, lace, or ribbon plaited so as to resemble a row of quills.
Sorry, no etymologies found.