from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or forming a quincunx.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Arranged in a quincunx.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- Having the form of a quincunx.
- Having the leaves of a pentamerous calyx or corolla so imbricated that two are exterior, two are interior, and the other has one edge exterior and one interior.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Disposed so as to form a quincunx; arranged in a set of five; also, arranged in two sets of oblique rows, at right angles to one another, so that five together form a quincunx; in botany, sometimes noting a pentastichous arrangement of leaves; more often noting an estivation.
From Latin quincuncialis. (Wiktionary)