from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Law The office or functions of a receiver.
- n. Law The state of being held by a receiver: The company went into receivership.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The office and duties of a receiver.
- n. The state of being under the control of a receiver.
- n. A form trusteeship of bankruptcy administration in which a receiver is appointed to run the company for the benefit of the creditors.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state or office of a receiver.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The office of a receiver of public money, or of money or other property in litigation: the collection and care of funds awaiting final distribution by legal process.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the office of a receiver
- n. the state of property that is in the hands of a receiver
- n. a court action that places property under the control of a receiver during litigation so that it can be preserved for the benefit of all
receiver + -ship (Wiktionary)