from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A British soldier, especially one serving during the American Revolution.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A British soldier, especially during the American Revolution.
- n. A member of the entertainment staff at Butlins holiday camps in the United Kingdom, who wear red blazers
- n. a fox
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who wears a red coat; specifically, a red-coated British soldier.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A British soldier.
- n. The bedbug.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. British soldier; so-called because of his red coat (especially during the American Revolution)
Sorry, no etymologies found.