from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A wine merchant.
- n. One who makes wine.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A seller of wine
- n. A manufacturer of wine
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who deals in wine; a wine seller, or wine merchant.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who deals in wine, spirits, etc., especially at wholesale, or on a large scale.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who sells wine
- n. someone who makes wine
Middle English vineter, from Old French vinetier, from Medieval Latin vīnētārius, from Latin vīnētum, vineyard, from vīnum, wine.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)