from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Chiefly British A dealer in cloth or clothing and dry goods.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who sells cloths; a dealer in cloths; as, a draper and tailor.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who sells cloths; a dealer in cloths.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who makes or sells cloths; a dealer in cloths: as, a linen- draper or woolen- draper.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a dealer in fabrics and sewing materials (and sometimes in clothing and drygoods)
Middle English, weaver or seller of cloth, from Old French drapier, from drap, cloth; see drape.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)