from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that makes women's clothing, especially dresses.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who makes dresses.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A maker of gowns, or similar garments; a mantuamaker.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One, especially a woman, whose occupation is the making of gowns and other articles of female attire.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who makes or mends dresses
dress + maker (Wiktionary)