from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A woman who sews, especially one who makes her living by sewing.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A woman who sews clothes professionally.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A woman whose occupation is sewing; a needlewoman.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A woman whose occupation is sewing
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who makes or mends dresses
Sorry, no etymologies found.