from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having the owner's name listed in a register: registered bonds.
- adj. Having the pedigree recorded and verified by an authorized association of breeders: a registered golden retriever.
- adj. Officially qualified or certified: a registered pharmacist.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of register.
- adj. Having had one's name added to an official list or entered into a register
- adj. Having a mailed item recorded in a register to enable its location to be tracked, sometimes with added insurance to cover loss.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Recorded, as in a register or book; enrolled: as, a registered voter (one whose name is duly entered in the official list of persons qualified to vote in an election).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. listed or recorded officially
- adj. (of a boat or vessel) furnished with necessary official documents specifying ownership etc
- adj. (of animals) officially recorded with or certified by a recognized breed association; especially in a stud book
Sorry, no etymologies found.