from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Law A new hearing of a case by the same court or other administrative tribunal in which it was originally heard.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of rehear.
- n. A second or subsequent hearing of a case.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A second hearing; reconsideration; especially, in law, a second hearing or trial; more specifically, a new trial in chancery, or a second argument of a motion or an appeal.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of hearing again
Sorry, no etymologies found.