from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or in the region of the kidneys.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to the kidneys.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the kidneys; in the region of the kidneys.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the kidneys: as, a renal artery or vein; renal structure or function; renal disease.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to the kidneys
Late Latin rēnālis, from Latin rēnēs, kidneys.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Late Latin renalis ("related to the kidneys"), from renes ("kidneys"). (Wiktionary)