from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Related to, located in, or constituting an outer boundary or periphery.
- adj. Perceived or perceiving near the outer edges of the retina: peripheral vision.
- adj. Anatomy Of the surface or outer part of a body or organ; external.
- adj. Anatomy Of, relating to, or being part of the peripheral nervous system.
- adj. Of minor relevance or importance.
- adj. Auxiliary.
- n. Computer Science An auxiliary device, such as a printer, modem, or storage system, that works in conjunction with a computer.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. on the periphery or boundary
- adj. beside the point
- adj. unimportant
- adj. auxiliary
- adj. a part of or located in the peripheral nervous system
- n. a device, such as a printer or scanner, connected to a computer
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to a periphery; constituting a periphery; peripheric.
- adj. External; away from the center.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of, belonging to, or situated on the periphery, circumference, or surface generally; characteristic of or constituting the periphery: as, peripheral parts; peripheral expansion.
- n. One of the outer bony plates of the carapace of a turtle: commonly termed marginal.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (computer science) electronic equipment connected by cable to the CPU of a computer
- adj. related to the key issue but not of central importance
- adj. on or near an edge or constituting an outer boundary; the outer area
From peripher-y + -al (Wiktionary)