from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of surround.
- n. outlaying area; area in proximity to something
- n. environment
- adj. which surrounds something
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Inclosing; encircling.
- n. An encompassing.
- n. The things which surround or environ; external or attending circumstances or conditions.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An encircling or encompassing; a circuit.
- n. Something connected with or belonging to those things that usually surround or environ; an accompanying or environing circumstance or condition: generally in the plural: as, a dwelling and its surroundings; fashionable surroundings.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. closely encircling
Sorry, no etymologies found.