from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the senses or sensation.
- adj. Transmitting impulses from sense organs to nerve centers; afferent.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of the senses or sensation.
- n. sensorium
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Same as sensorium.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the sensorium or sensation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the sensorium, in either sense.
- Conveying sensation, as a nerve; pertaining to sensation; sensorial; giving rise to sensation; sentient; sensitive: as, a sensory surface of the body.
- n. Same as sensorium, 1.
- n. An organ or a faculty of sense.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of a nerve fiber or impulse originating outside and passing toward the central nervous system
- adj. relating to or concerned in sensation
- adj. involving or derived from the senses
From Latin sentire ("to feel"). (Wiktionary)