from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, like, or in an artery or arteries.
- adj. Of, relating to, or being the blood in the arteries that has absorbed oxygen in the lungs and is bright red.
- adj. Being a main road or channel with many branches: an arterial highway; an arterial route.
- n. A through road or street.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or relating to an artery.
- adj. Of or relating to a route, major.
- n. A through road.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to an artery, or the arteries
- adj. Of or pertaining to a main channel (resembling an artery), as a river, canal, or railroad.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to an artery or to the arteries: as, arterial action.
- Contained in an artery: as, arterial blood.
- Having a main channel and many branches or ramifications, like the arteries: as, arterial drainage.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or involving or contained in the arteries
Sorry, no etymologies found.