from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Retroactive: retro pay.
- adj. Involving, relating to, or reminiscent of things past; retrospective: "As is often the case in retro fashion, historical accuracy is somewhat beside the point” ( New York Times).
- n. A fashion, decor, design, or style reminiscent of things past.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of, or relating to the past, past times, or the way things were
- adj. affecting things past; retroactive, ex post facto
- n. something, such as a fashion, from the past; a retro trend
- n. a retrorocket
From French rétro. (Wiktionary)