from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The sound of ringing.
- n. The quality of being resonant.
- n. A technique used in the study of wild birds, by attaching a small, individually numbered, metal or plastic tag to their legs or wings.
- adj. Loud and clear.
- adj. Made forcefully; powerful.
- v. Present participle of ring.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- a & n. from ring, v.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Decoration by means of rings or circlets; rings collectively.
- n. In horticulture, the operation of cutting out a circle of bark. See ring, transitive verb, 6.
- n. The act of sounding or of causing to sound, as sonorous metallic bodies; the art or act of making music with bells.
- n. A ringing sound; the hearing of a sound as of ringing.
- Having or giving the sound of a bell or other resonant metallic body; resounding: as, a ringing voice; ringing cheers.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the sound of a bell ringing
- n. having the character of a loud deep sound; the quality of being resonant
- n. the giving of a ring as a token of engagement
Sorry, no etymologies found.