from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of using the voice to produce musical sounds; vocalizing.
- n. Disclosing information, or giving evidence about another.
- n. A gathering for the purpose of singing shape note songs.
- adj. Smooth and flowing.
- adj. Producing a whistling sound due to the escape of steam.
- v. Present participle of sing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- a. & n. from sing, v.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act, process, or result of uttering sounds that are musical in quality or in succession; chanting; cantillation.
- n. The act of telling, narrating, or describing anything in verse.
- n. A sensation as of a prolonged ringing sound in the ears or head; tinnitus aurium.
- Of tones, sustained and sonorous, as if produced by a well-trained voice; cantabile.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of singing vocal music
- n. disclosing information or giving evidence about another
- adj. smooth and flowing
Sorry, no etymologies found.