from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or process of revealing or uncovering.
- n. Something uncovered; a revelation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of revealing something.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of disclosing, uncovering, or revealing; bringing to light; exposure.
- n. That which is disclosed or revealed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of disclosing; a making known or revealing; discovery; exposure; exhibition.
- n. That which is disclosed or made known: as, his disclosures were reduced to writing.
- n. The hatching of the young from the egg, as in birds and reptiles, or the escape of insects from the pupa-case.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the speech act of making something evident
From Latin dis-+clausus, literally away+enclosed. (Wiktionary)