from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or in accordance with liturgy: a book of liturgical forms.
- adj. Using or used in liturgy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to liturgy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to a liturgy, in the ancient Greek sense of that word. See liturgy, 1.
- Of or pertaining to sacrificial or eucharistic worship; in a wider sense, used in, prepared for, or pertaining to worship or religious ceremonies in general. All services of public worship have sometimes been called liturgical.
- Specifically, pertaining to or employing a fixed or prescribed liturgy, or pertaining to public worship conducted in accordance with such a liturgy.
- Noting a part of a public religious exercise that is explicitly directed to the deity rather than to the worshiper: opposed to didactic or homiletic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or in accord with liturgy
Sorry, no etymologies found.