from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or containing melody.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of, relating to, or having melody
- adj. melodious, tuneful
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of the nature of melody; relating to, containing, or made up of, melody; melodious.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In music: Melodious; pertaining to a pleasing succession of sounds.
- Pertaining to melody as distinguished from harmony and rhythm.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. containing or constituting or characterized by pleasing melody
- adj. of or relating to melody
melody + -ic, 19th century (Wiktionary)