from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having a lilt; with energy, spirit and sprightliness; lively and cheerful.
- n. Type of lively singing without any musical accompaniment, where the tune itself is sung.
- v. Present participle of lilt.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. having a light rhythmical cadence.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Played or sung in an animated manner; giving lively utterance to a lilt or song.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. characterized by a buoyant rhythm
Sorry, no etymologies found.