from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Feeling or causing joy; joyful. See Synonyms at glad1.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Full of joy; happy.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Glad; gay; merry; joyful; also, affording or inspiring joy; with of before the word or words expressing the cause of joy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Feeling or manifesting joy; joyful; glad; merry.
- Causing joy; making glad.
- Synonyms See list under joyful.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. full of or characterized by joy
Old French joieus, from joie + -eus (Wiktionary)