from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or appropriate for a feast or festival.
- adj. Merry; joyous: a festive party.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having the atmosphere, decoration, or attitude of a festival, holiday, or celebration.
- adj. In the mood to celebrate.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to, or becoming, a feast; festal; joyous; gay; mirthful; sportive.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or befitting a feast or festival; joyous; gay.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. offering fun and gaiety
Latin fēstīvus, from fēstus; see dhēs- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)