from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The equipment available for use as transportation, as automotive vehicles, locomotives, or railroad cars, owned by a particular company or carrier.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. collective term for all vehicles that move on a railway, powered or unpowered.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. the locomotives and vehicles of a railway.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In railways, the cars, locomotive engines, etc. Also called rolling-plant.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. collection of wheeled vehicles owned by a railroad or motor carrier
Sorry, no etymologies found.