from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having no roots.
- adj. Not belonging to a particular place or society: rootless refugees in a strange country.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Describing a plant (or by extension something else) that does not have roots.
- adj. A wanderer, someone who has no ties to a particular locale.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Destitute of roots.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having no root.
- In zoology, having a persistently open pulp-cavity and growing perennially, as the incisor teeth of rodents, and the molar teeth of many of these animals; not rooted so as to stop growing. See Rodentia.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. wandering aimlessly without ties to a place or community
Sorry, no etymologies found.