from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The herding together of cattle for inspection, branding, or shipping.
- n. The cattle so herded.
- n. The workers and horses employed in such herding.
- n. A gathering up, as of people under suspicion by the police.
- n. A summary: a news roundup.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An activity in which cattle are herded together in order to be inspected, counted, branded or shipped.
- n. The similar police activity of gathering together suspects to a crime.
- n. The summary to a news bulletin.
Sorry, no etymologies found.