from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A confluence.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A merger of rivers, or the place where rivers merge.
- n. A convergence or moving gathering of forces, people, or things.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A flowing together; a meeting of currents.
- n. A large assemblage; a passing multitude.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A flowing together; a meeting of two or more currents; confluence.
- n. A throng; a crowd; a multitude collected.
- n. The point or place where lines meet.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a flowing together
From Latin cōnfluxus, past participle of cōnfluere, to flow together; see confluent.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)