from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who rustles; a cattle thief.
- n. A bovine animal that can care for itself in any circumstances.
- n. An alert, energetic, driving person.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, rustles.
- n. A bovine animal that can care for itself in any circumstances; also, an alert, energetic, driving person.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which rustles.
- n. One who works or acts with energy and promptness; an active, efficient person; a “hustler”; originally, a cowboy.
- n. A cowman who procures his stock by capturing the cattle of other owners and branding them as his own; a cattle-thief.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who steals livestock (especially cattle)
to rustle + -er (Wiktionary)