from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A deep cooking pan with a handle.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A deep cooking vessel with a handle and sometimes a lid; used for boiling, stewing and making sauces.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A small pan with a handle, in which sauce is prepared over a fire; a stewpan.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Originally, a pan for cooking sauces.
- n. A small metallic vessel for cooking, having a cover, and a long handle projecting nearly horizontally from the side.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a deep pan with a handle; used for stewing or boiling
Sorry, no etymologies found.