from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various reptiles of the suborder Sauria, which includes the lizards and in former classifications also the crocodiles and dinosaurs.
- adj. Of or relating to the Sauria.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A reptile of the suborder Sauria; a lizard.
- adj. Pertaining to the Sauria.
- adj. Resembling a lizard.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to, or of the nature of, the Sauria.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Belonging or relating to the Sauria, in any sense; having legs and scales, as a lizard; lacertiform; lacertilian.
- n. A member of the Sauria, in any sense; a scaly reptile with legs, as a lacertilian or lizard.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to lizards
- n. any of various reptiles of the suborder Sauria which includes lizards; in former classifications included also the crocodiles and dinosaurs
From New Latin Sauria, suborder name, from saurus, lizard, from Greek sauros.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Late Latin *saurianus, from Ancient Greek σαύρα (saura, "lizard") (Wiktionary)