from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A pathological thickening and hardening of the skin.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A chronic disease characterized by excessive deposits of collagen in the skin or other organs.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A disease of adults, characterized by a diffuse rigidity and hardness of the skin.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as sclerodermia.
- n. Same as
- n. A genus of gasteromycetous fungi having the peridium simple and coriaceous, rupturing irregularly and the gleba divided by irregular partitions. S. verrucosum is a common and widely distributed species occurring in grassy places.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an autoimmune disease that affects the blood vessels and connective tissue; fibrous connective tissue is deposited in the skin
- n. genus of poisonous fungi having hard-skinned fruiting bodies: false truffles
Sorry, no etymologies found.