from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of something or someone that scores.
- n. The process of keeping score in a sport or contest.
- n. The process of winning points in a sport or contest.
- n. The action of scratching paper or other material to make it easier to fold.
- v. Present participle of score.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as score, n., 8.
- n. In founding, the bursting or splitting of a casting from unequal contraction in cooling.
- n. In music, the act, process, or result of writing out in score, of orchestrating in some particular manner, or of arranging for a different instrument: same as instrumentation, orchestration, or transcription.
- n. In racing, the act of bringing a horse and his rider over and over again to the score or starting line, so as to make a fair start.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. evaluation of performance by assigning a grade or score
Sorry, no etymologies found.