from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Uninteresting and tiresome; dull.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A pit or hole which has been bored.
- v. Present participle of bore.
- adj. That which incites boredom in a person.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or process of one who, or that which, bores.
- n. A hole made by boring.
- n. The chips or fragments made by boring.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of piercing or perforating; specifically, in mining and similar operations, the act of making a hole in rock or earth by means of a borer or drill.
- n. The hole made by boring.
- n. plural The chips, fragments, or dust produced in boring. Also called boring-dust.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. so lacking in interest as to cause mental weariness
- n. the act of drilling a hole in the earth in the hope of producing petroleum
- n. the act of drilling
Sorry, no etymologies found.