from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A lobscouse.
- n. A native or resident of Liverpool, England.
- n. The dialect of English spoken in Liverpool.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A stew associated with the Liverpool area, usually containing (at least) meat, onions, carrots and potatoes.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A sailor's dish. Bread scouse contains no meat; lobscouse contains meat, etc. See lobscouse.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as lobscouse.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a stew of meat and vegetables and hardtack that is eaten by sailors
Short for lobscouse.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Shortening of lobscouse from the German Labskaus. (Wiktionary)