from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state or characteristic of being secretive.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality of being secretive; disposition or tendency to conceal.
- n. The faculty or propensity which impels to reserve, secrecy, or concealment.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The character of being secretive; tendency or disposition to conceal; specifically, in phrenology, that quality the organ of which, when largely developed, is said to impel the individual toward secrecy or concealment. It is located at the inferior edge of the parietal bones. See cut under phrenology.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the trait of keeping things secret
- n. characterized by a lack of openness (especially about one's actions or purposes)
Sorry, no etymologies found.