from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Partially automatic.
- adj. Ejecting a shell and loading the next round of ammunition automatically, but requiring a squeeze of the trigger for each shot. Used of a firearm.
- n. A semiautomatic firearm. Also called self-loader.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Alternative spelling of semi-automatic.
- n. Alternative spelling of semi-automatic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of firearms) capable of automatic loading and firing continuously
- n. a pistol that is a semiautomatic firearm capable of loading and firing continuously
- adj. partially automatic
Sorry, no etymologies found.